Thursday, April 14, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake - 11/23/2010






Out of all the cakes I've made, this just might be my favorite. I was so intimidated by the thought of trying this cake pan - mainly because it's been retired and that also means that the icing colors were retired. I drove all over town (and Knoxville) looking for skin toned icing tint. No luck. I bought brown and peach. I had no idea what I was going to do. Luckily it turned out just fine. I used the tiniest bit of brown added to white and it made the perfect skin color - or so we all thought! I also made Strawberry Shortcake's hair long, because the decorations had long hair and the pan didn't and Rachel really wanted her to have long hair. I think it turned out pretty cute. :) She was very happy and that really made me happy. I did learn to buy bigger cake boards than the actual cakes so I can add a bottom border. That cake just barely fit in my cake taker... Someone please invent a larger cake taker! The cake below is the cake she celebrated with on her actual birthday. It was just a 6 inch layer cake with a Strawberry figurine on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment