Friday, April 8, 2011

Football Cake - 09/10/2007




I knew I wanted to make some kind of a cute cake for my birthday -- after all, you have to have cake on your birthday and it might as well be a cute one! Noah picked out the football pan at Hobby Lobby, after looking over all the pans. He almost picked out a purse pan, but decided a football pan would definitely be best. Love that boy. :) This was also my very first try/experimentation with fondant. It was not the easiest thing to do, to cover that 12 inch round of cake and have it look perfect. Doug also hated the taste of the stuff and I am not a big fan. Fondant after all, really only makes a cake look smooth and pretty... you usually peel it all off to eat the cake anyway... and hence is the reason why I am fondant-shy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment