Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Love Cake -- Chocolate Bow Cake - 02/20/2005

This is the first birthday cake that I made - It's not fancy. Just chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I topped it with a colorful ribbon for lack of a 'Baby Einstein' cake topper. Noah loved it. That was all that mattered. :) It was his second birthday (feb 20, 2005). These next pictures are of 2 cakes I did not make, but inspired all the cakes that would come later...


Let me start out by saying -- I love cake. Always have, always will. :) One thing that I have found is how much FUN cakes can be. I grew up always wanting that bakery cake - the cute ones with the figures on them and colorful borders. Mom almost always made our cakes and as I grew up, I began to appreciate how much love went into those cakes. Most of the cakes I remember, our favorites, were the icecream cakes she would make. They were so yummy. She would layer our favorite cake flavors with our favorite icecream flavors and then cover the whole thing in Cool Whip. So good!

When I had Noah and it was time for his 1st birthday, I wanted a beautiful cake for our special occasion. I had no idea how much they would cost or where I would get it. He had a very cute Sesame Street sheet cake and smash cake with his favorite - Elmo on it. I loved it. Later though, talking to my sister, she told me she planned to make her daughter's cake - because it meant something to her, that it be made by her... I thought about that for a long time and I knew that from that point on, I would be making my children's cakes as well. The cakes on this blog are cakes that I have made for my family and friends. They are all made with love and attention to detail. I love to see the looks on my kids faces when they see their finished cakes. It's just priceless and worth every minute of effort that goes into those cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment