Saturday, April 9, 2011

Disney Princess Cake - 11/23/2008








By the time Rachel's 3rd birthday rolled around, she was sooooo, soooo crazy about Disney Princesses. She was just in love with all things that related to any of the princesses and I saw a cake like this at Publix in the bakery. It was actually bigger, but we had no need for such a large cake since it was just our little family celebrating. I purchased the exact cake kit from Ebay and set to work to make it my own. I just made a three layer square cake with my glass pyrex pans -- note to self - buy metal square pans. Although, they turned out fine for this cake. Rachel loved this cake! I colored some coconut green for grass for the castle to sit on. After I had the layers together and the sides and corners added I cut a small piece for the top and for the picture frame to sit on. Luckily for Halloween, Rachel had been Snow White and it was perfect for the frame! After I had the top fixed the way I wanted it, I added small pink roses and piped green vines and leaves around them. Last I added each of the princess figures to the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment