Thursday, April 14, 2011

Abby Cadabby Cake - 09/05/2010








I got to make sweet little Lydia's 3rd birthday cake -- Abby Cadabby! What a cute theme for a party! All girly purple and pink! I learned a valuable lesson with this cake though -- Don't ever, ever use whipped icing to decorate a cake with. I finished stacking and adding details to this cake right before we headed over to Chris's house to celebrate. Sadly on the drive there, the bottom layer slid apart, even with dowels holding it together -- all due to the whipped icing (I had run out of decorator icing and used a can that I had in the pantry). I was completely crazy and disheartened by the time we got to Chris's house and tried to fix it, but there wasn't a whole lot I could do. Lydia didn't seem to care though. Thank goodness three year olds aren't too picky!

No comments:

Post a Comment