Sunday, June 19, 2011

Phineas & Ferb Rollercoaster Birthday Cake - 04/16/2011

I made this cake for a friend of mine's little boy's 8th birthday. You might say this is the most challenging cake I have ever made. Wow. Phineas and Ferb rollercoaster cake made out of yellow cake and buttercream icing. They found a picture of a rollercoaster cake online and asked me to make a similar one with boy colors. Getting the top cake layers (the actual rollercoaster) in just the right places and getting it iced just right (by my standards) was tedious. The rollercoaster cars are made out of sugarwafer cookies that are iced and have the characters stuck in with toothpicks. All I can say after making this cake is - Whew! I'm glad that one is over! lol
Original Cake idea here: http://family.go.com/2010-cake-contest/animals_and_characters/phineas-and-ferb-rollercoaster-cake-23388/




No comments:

Post a Comment